Since the previous post in this blog, several more sectors have been adapted to Traveller 5 formatting and revised:
- Zao Kfeng Ig Grilokh Sector (original data by John G. Wood) – Jarrgh Subjugate and Far Stars Unanimity worlds
- Kfazz Ghik Sector (original data by John G. Wood) – Authority of Joekghr worlds
Also, data from the Orion OB1 Association has been added to TravellerMap. This includes the data for Joyce’s Void and subsectors A-H of Mintaka Sector already posted here on Explorerbase, and initial/placeholder data (not yet posted on Explorerbase itself due to the small amount of data) for the following sectors:
- Alnitak Sector
- Nievoak Sector
- Pi-4 Orionis Sector
- Sigma Orionis Sector
The names of the remaining Orion OB1 sectors have also been added to TravellerMap.
One ongoing project at Explorerbase that hasn’t previously been mentioned in one of the posts is the adaption of pre-existing (randomly-generated) sector data in Charted Space to Traveller 5 formatting, with the data being manually vetted/adapted in the process. So far this has been done for the following areas:
- Hfiywitir Sector (original data by Joshua Bell) – subsectors E and F
- Ahkiweahi’ Sector (original data by Joshua Bell) – Lanthusandr worlds
- Chit Botshti Sector (original data by John G. Wood) – Taakas Yh’Drak worlds
- Ghoekhnael Sector (original data by John G. Wood) – Taakas Yh’Drak and Brzeh Council worlds
Subsectors E, F, G and H of Mintaka Sector have now been added to the Sector Data section. Also, what had not yet been mentioned in a post is that this site now has a Write-Ups section too, which currently includes three articles (two on sophonts and one on polities).
Things currently being worked on include sector data for Driasera and Rim Reach Sectors, and an article about the polities of Amderstun Sector. New subsectors in the Orion OB1 Association may also be coming soon.
There’s a change in plans for Explorerbase – as Jim Kundert has been designated to create the sector data for the Two Thousand Worlds, no more K’kree “mostly-dotmap” sectors will be published here (and the Ruupiin data already posted has become redundant).
The flipside of this is that the time I was spending on the K’kree sectors can now be rerouted to other sector data, so sector data for the Orion OB1 Association and Rim Reach Sector will arrive to Explorerbase sooner than it otherwise would. Other sectors which I may work on in the near future include Driasera Sector and Kring Noor Sector.
The first new sector data of this version of Explorerbase is up: Ruupiin! The data is “mostly-dotmap”: important worlds are detailed, the rest are placeholders.
This brings us to the topic of what other sector data will be coming to Explorerbase in the near future. Data published in the near future will probably be one of two types:
- Mostly-DotmapTM data for K’kree sectors
- Normal data for Orion OB1 Association sectors, though this will probably be published a few subsectors at a time rather than whole sectors, at least at first.
I’ve also been working on normal data for the sector Rim Reach, but this will probably take a bit longer to finish.
All the sector data that was on the Wikispaces incarnation of Explorerbase has now been posted here! The Orion OB1 pages will be uploaded next.